This delicious homemade Roasted Tomato Garlic Basil Pasta sauce is truly one of the easiest pasta sauces you can make! Your oven and blender do most of the work for you. Don't let the simplicity of this pasta sauce fool you though, with just 4 main ingredients it beats store bought sauces and you know exactly what's in it; and no preservatives! It has that fresh taste you could never get from a jarred pasta sauce.
Sweet Grape Tomatoes Sauced up
Like with any homemade sauce, your sauce will only be as tasty as your ingredients. If you've checked out any of my other recipes you'll hear me say that a lot. If you grab the cheapest tasteless grape tomatoes in your market, your sauce will also turn out less than spectacular. When I first played with this recipe I used sweet grape tomatoes from our garden and fresh basil from our yard. I was so delighted with the taste! So please, for the love of cooking, use the sweetest grape tomatoes that taste great on their own. My kids love grape tomatoes, but if I come home with a tasteless variation, they will let me know and they won't touch them. Kids...you know.
Blend it Up
The beauty of this recipe is you don't have to stand in front of a pot waiting for your tomatoes to cook down; slowly adding seasoning. After roasting your tomatoes and garlic your blender will turn your hot tomatoes and garlic into a delicious sauce in just a few pulses.
Give this delicious simple roasted tomato garlic basil pasta sauce a try and let me know what you think in the comment section below. Enjoy!Print
Roasted Tomato Garlic Pasta Sauce
This roasted tomato sauce makes about 2.5 cups of delicious pasta sauce. Try it on your favorite pasta or anything else you might want a sweeter thick tomato sauce to go with.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2.5 cups 1x
- Category: Pasta Sauce
- 2 pints sweet grape tomatoes, washed (about 1 lb 6oz)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, packed and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Add garlic and oil to a 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Stir and make sure all garlic covered in oil so it doesn't burn
- Add tomatoes to the dish and roast for 15-20 minutes or until all tomatoes have burst. Stir tomatoes at least once during the roasting.
- Once the tomatoes are done roasting, set dish aside to cool for 5-7 minutes, just to allow to cool enough to handle transfer to the blender.
- Very slowly and gently scrape up all of the tomatoes and garlic into the blender so as to not splatter and burn yourself.
- Add the basil, salt and pepper to the blender now as well.
- Cover blender and pulse about 5-6 times. Pulse and blend more if you prefer a smoother texture for your sauce, but I prefer a slightly chunky sauce.
- Your sauce is now ready to use on your favorite pasta. Adjust your salt and pepper if need be and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6
Leave a Reply