If you love sweet potato, you'll love spiralized sweet potato noodles or as I call them, spoodles! I'm not sure if anyone else calls them spoodles, but that's what I call them to get my kids excited. It worked and they loved them! I just love playing with my spiralizer and knowing how good sweet potatoes are for our health I decided to spiralize them and give them a quick cook, to get them slightly tender, but still a little al dente.
Sweet Potato Noodles
Sweet potato noodles are a great quick side dish to add to your dinner menu last minute. It's honestly how I came up with this recipe. I needed a side dish I could quickly whip up because I was a little overwhelmed with my day and wanted something tasty, yet easy. The most time consuming part is spiralizing the sweet potato, but even that doesn't take longer than 5 minutes.
Sweet potato noodles are a great way to get a picky toddler excited to eat something good for them, yet fun to eat. If you don't have a spiralizer it's an inexpensive investment that'll give your cooking a fun twist, literally (pun intended).
Give these delicious spiralized sweet potato noodles a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!Print
Spiralized Sweet Potato Noodles (Spoodles)
These noodles are a quick and simple side dish to make on a busy night. Enjoy with your favorite protein or a salad for a light meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, (just under 1 lb), peeled and spiralized
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Mix together your dry spices from brown sugar through black pepper in a small bowl.
- Preheat your skillet to medium high and once warmed add your olive oil.
- Once oil and skillet heated add spiralized potato to your skillet and stir while cooking for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes add your spice mixture to the potatoes, stir and continue cooking about another 2 minutes. The potatoes will still be al dente at this point which is how we like to eat these noodles. You may cook another minute or 2 if you prefer it not so al dente.
- Remove from heat, add butter, stir to melt and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
Leave a Reply