Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing or Dip can be easily made with Homemade Ranch Seasoning and just a few other ingredients. You'll skip the unhealthy additives of store bought Ranch seasoning packets and actually get a delicious homemade dressing or dip.
Homemade Creamy Goodness
Making homemade buttermilk ranch dressing or dip with homemade seasoning can really change your outlook on store bought packets since it's so easy and much more delicious. You also will know exactly what you're eating in that mixture which should make you feel better about eating it.
Dressing or Dip
You can easily make a dressing or dip with this Ranch Seasoning just by adjusting your dairy product amounts as seen in the recipe below. If either of them are too thick, just adjust the recipe by adding small amounts of buttermilk.
How to Make a Buttermilk Alternative
If you do not have buttermilk on hand you can easily make your own that will suffice for a recipe like this. All you need is Milk, whole is recommended and some lemon juice or white vinegar. For every cup of milk, you will use a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to your measuring cup
- Then add the milk to the measuring cup up to the 1 cup mark
- Stir and let the mixture sit for at least 5 minutes
- This will allow the mixture to curdle slightly and thicken a touch to give you a similar texture and taste to buttermilk
Dressing as Easy as "Shake and Pour"
I don't even need to dirty a whisk or bowl to make this dressing. I just pour all the ingredients into a dressing shaker
Back to Basics
Making your own dressing or dip if it's your first time could change your outlook going back to basics with food preparation. I started out really slow when I transitioned to real food with simple adjustments like this. Realizing how easy it is to make your own simple condiments like this can quickly start the process of eliminating processed food; one dressing or one salad at a time. Once you go back to basics with food prep you might not want to go back to old habits very often.
Give these recipes a try and let me know how you like them.Print
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dip and Dressing
This dip is made with our Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Category: condiment
- [u]Buttermilk Ranch Dip[/u][br]
- 1 ½ Tbsp Ranch Seasoning
- ¾ cup sour cream or yogurt
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk (3-4 Tbs if need a thinner dip)
* Makes about 1.25 cups of dip
- [br][u]Buttermilk Ranch Dressing[/u]
- 1 ½- 2 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning mix (depending on taste preference)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream or yogurt
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise
* Makes about 1 cup of dressing
Dip Instructions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth consistency (adjust buttermilk per thickness preference for dip)
Dressing Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a shakable container or whisk in small bowl til smooth (If you need it runnier, just add more buttermilk a teaspoon at a time)
Making a Buttermilk Alternative
(Recipe for 1 cup of Buttermilk)
(Adjust this recipe on how much buttermilk you need- it's 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice to every cup of milk/minus 1 Tbsp)
- Add 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup measuring
- Add whole milk to the same measuring cup just to the 1 cup line
- Stir the mixture gently and let it sit out for at least 5 minutes, allowing the mixture to thicken and curdle slightly. This will give you a similar texture and taste to buttermilk.
If you are making your own buttermilk alternative, keep in mind it is slightly thinner than real buttermilk so add your liquid more sparingly if you're wanting a thicker, creamier dip or dressing.
- Serving Size: 1
[…] mix that’s sure to please the ranch lovers out there. This base seasoning mix can make Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dip or Buttermilk Ranch Salad Dressing. It can also be used as a seasoning for other things as well like pasta salad or potatoes; […]