At our house Taco Tuesday is a weekly ritual so I try to switch up my tacos often. I try not to do the same taco in at least one month's time. Living in California for many years my love of tacos grew tremendously. I especially love wildly creative taco toppings. When you're a Mom just needing to get something on the table on a busy day, you need an easy taco protein to make like these Instant Pot Flank Steak Tacos!
Easy Instant Pot Steak
Flank steak is so easy to cook in the Instant Pot. It's not the most tender steak, but with the Instant Pot you can tenderize it in minutes, like magic! It's so easy, I know that just 9 minutes at high pressure my steak will be tender, juicy and not too chewy. This is the same way I prepare and cook flank steak for my Mongolian Beef recipe.
Prepping the Flank Steak
For this recipe, I cut the steak about ¼" think, against the grain for the beautifully cooked steak for these tacos. If you cut the steak any thicker, your results on the cook will vary greatly and the steak could be too chewy and not tender enough to bite into easily. Liquid is your friend when preparing your meat for the Instant Pot as well. Without the proper amount of liquid you could scorch the steak and it'll be dry, so don't seal that pot till you make sure you've added the required liquid for the recipe.
Flank Steak Taco Ingredients
The Ingredients here are simple on purpose, making this an easy weeknight meal you can put together in a flash!
- Flank Steak- A tough meat like flank steak is tenderized perfectly in the Instant Pot. It's less expensive for the most part than other steaks, including skirt steak. It's also a pretty lean steak.
- Diced Tomato with Green Chili- Rotel is a good easy option here that you can find in almost any grocery store. Also, a great alternative is Muir Glen's Fire Roasted tomatoes with Medium Green Chilies, No Sugar Added.
- Spices- I keep the spices minimal here to make it a simple easy weeknight meal to ship up in 30 minutes. It really doesn't need more than this. It's flavorful and perfect for easy tacos anyone can enjoy.
Great Flank Steak Taco Toppings:
- Quick Pickled Jalapenos- I'm a little bias since I make these a lot, but I just love pickled jalapenos on these tacos.
- Fire Roasted Jalapenos- If you like even MORE HEAT, add some diced up roasted jalapenos to these for an extra kick!
- Quick Pickled Red Onions- These onions are naturally slightly sweet, they look amazing and just a little gourmet factor to your super easy prep tacos. You don't have to tell anyone and it'll look like you slaved over these tacos.
- Avocado- Avocado is a GREAT addition to these tacos. If you run low on lettuce, avocado is just delicious with these tacos. You can place slices on the base of the tacos to help soak up some of the juice from the meat.
- Cotija cheese- These creamy crumbles are just a great way to dress up your tacos. The cheese elevates the look of your tacos while adding subtle creaminess.
Side Dishes for Flank Steak Tacos:
Try out these Instant Pot Flank Steak Tacos and please comment below! Happy Cooking!Print