Lemon and fresh herbs never made chickpeas/garbanzo beans taste so fabulous like in this lemon & fresh herb chickpea salad. Garden fresh basil and parsley make this recipe the fresh delight you've been looking for in this healthy fiber rich zesty side dish. Fill up on this salad instead of a carbohydrate loaded lunch and your body will be so happy. This salad will give you more energy instead of slumped over and tired after lunch.
Fresh Herb Delight
I have many recipes on my site where I say you can substitute fresh herbs for the dried herbs, but not is this recipe. Fresh herbs are a must to truly enjoy this zesty herby side. Dried herbs will not do this salad justice. You need those fresh greens to make this chickpea salad pop!
Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans
This lemon & fresh herb chickpea salad is so good that you'll forget how good it is for you. Chickpeas otherwise known as garbanzo beans are full of protein and fiber and are great for any diet! They're full of nutrients, low in calories so there's really no going wrong with these sweet beans. Make yourself a dish of this and enjoy it as a fresh side to take for your school or work lunch this week.
Zesty Healthy Fresh Side - Chickpea Salad
Fresh lemon zest and juice with fresh basil, parsley and fiber and protein rich chickpeas makes healthy taste amazing. I seriously got so excited the first time I tasted chickpeas this way. The freshness and zest just made my summer lunch go from bland to spectacular and with no guilt. If you're trying to eat less carbs and lose a little weight, try this lemon herb chickpea salad for a fresh treat to your whole food diet. You will not be disappointed.
Lemon & Fresh Herb Chickpea Salad
- 2 15- ounce cans garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil leaves chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- About 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Asiago or Parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- A few turns of freshly cracked pepper
- Prep all your ingredients as specified in the ingredients list.
- Add all your ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and then enjoy!
- You can enjoy this salad over the next few days. Keep cold.