Peppermint essential oil is another valuable staple essential oil in our household. It's one powerful little oil for so many things; from digestive issues to headaches and energy boosts. This oil has truly worked some magic on our household, even turning my oil skeptic husband into a true believer in the power of essential oils. This minty sensation of an oil is so powerful though that you must use a carrier oil like coconut oil for example to rub into the skin before dropping the oil on your skin.
One of my first experiences with peppermint essential oil was for a bout of random heart burn I was having during the packing and unpacking for an out of state move. I randomly started experiencing horrible heartburn after almost every meal, no matter what I ate. I'm sure it was stress induced since I was busy packing up my house while tending to my 22 mo old twins and and a 3 ½ yr old, but in any case, it worked like a charm every time.
My husband was a wanna be believer of essential oils for ailments, but he was still a relative skeptic, til he had his first powerful experience with peppermint essential oil. He was having some intense heartburn after a heavy restaurant meal so he requested an oil to help him. I put a drop of the peppermint essential oil in a straight line down his chest, starting from his neck and he immediately looked at me in amazement exclaiming, "You're not going to believe this, but it's gone already!" I honestly could hardly believe it myself. How was this possible? I usually had relief in 5-10 minutes, but his heartburn was gone in one stroke. This absolutely amazes us to this day. It still works for him every time.
Other Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil
- Rub a few drops on bottom of feet and back to help with fevers (use carrier oil on sensitive skin)
- Place a drop on temples for headache
- Inhale or rub on belly to ease nausea
- Place a drop under nose or inhale for alertness and energy boost. Also may diffuse for same benefits
- Place a couple drops in spray bottle with water and spray on skin before a run or heavy workout to help cool your body, especially on hot days
- Rub a few drops to belly and around navel for indigestion issues
If you'd like to try Young Living's Essential Oils or have further questions let me know and I'd be happy to help you as best I can.
Leave a Reply