This is my "go to" dipping sauce for my husband's amazing coconut shrimp! I'm a huge fan of coconut shrimp and this sauce is perfect for crunchy, tender fried shrimp. What's even better about this creamy sweet dipping sauce is that you can make it in minutes with only 3 ingredients!
What else can I use this dipping sauce for?
Pretty much anything you would dip into tartar sauce you could substitute with this creamy dipping sauce. It's an easy and quick sauce to make if you're out of tartar sauce for crunchy fried or baked fish! It's also, a great dip for spicy chips, sweet potato fries or a crispy chicken!
Can I substitute the Mayo?
You can absolutely substitute the mayonnaise in this sweet chili dipping sauce for yogurt or a dairy free option if you need to. The taste will just not be the same of course. If you prefer yogurt, whole milk yogurt would be a great substitute so it's still quite creamy with a little tartness. Also, if you run short on mayonnaise, you can use part mayo and part sour cream.
Chili Dipping Sauce Ingredients
As I stated in the title, this sauce consists of just 3 ingredients that you might already have in your fridge!
- Mayonnaise- I prefer real mayo, not low fat or fake mayo, but it's understandable if you need to substitute for yogurt or non-mayo option. Let me know how it turns out for you with an alternative to mayo.
- Sweet Chili Sauce-I always prefer Thai sweet chili sauce for this recipe.
- Lime Juice- a fresh lime is always ideal for the best lime flavor, but bottled lime juice is fine if you don't have a fresh lime at the time.
Creamy Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce (3 Ingredients)
- ½ cup Real Mayonnaise You substitute can for yogurt if you prefer
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- Mix all 3 ingredients in a small bowl and you're ready to enjoy! It's that simple!