This is a lighter, fresh, sweet and tangy potato salad. The orange zest and fresh squeezed juice in the dressing balances out the sweet. Orange pecan sweet potato salad is great vegetarian side dish for a light spring meal or healthy potato salad to compliment a BBQ. Pecans add even more earthy flavor to one of the sweetest and healthiest root veggies around.
I love the zesty and sweet combination of apple cider vinegar and orange zest in this recipe. You've already got the natural sweetness of the sweet potato and some fresh orange zest with juice just adds a fresh flavor to this basic healthy side salad.
Hot or Cold Side
This side salad is made for eating cold, but if you prefer to serve it warm, it's just as great. It all depends on your preference or time of year. This recipe would make for a tasty hot side dish to a salty, savory entree. As a cold side dish, it's great for a BBQ, a warm weather feast or just an everyday easy side dish. Hot or cold, you really can't go wrong with this sweet potato salad.
If you love sweet potato, here's another one you might like!Print
Orange Pecan Sweet Potato Salad
This sweet potato salad can be served hot or cold. It's a great warm weather salad or warm side salad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Side Salad
- About 2 lb sweet potato, peeled & cubed into ½" cubes
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice (use the same orange you zested)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- *optional-chopped green onion
- Place cubed sweet potato in a pot of salted cold water covering the potatoes. Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until just knife tender. (For me the cook is just right at about 10 mins at sea level)
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl whisk together cider vinegar through orange juice.
- Once the potatoes are done, immediately run the potatoes under cold water in a colander for at least ½ minute. Let drain and cool 1-2 mins.
- Add sweet potato to mixing bowl and stir in orange dressing.
- Once all of the potatoes are coated, gently fold in pecans and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately if wanting a warm side.
- If serving cold, chill in fridge for 1hr or freezer for 30 mins.
- Serving Size: 1
[…] GET THE RECIPE […]