I just love this sazon chicken tender dish because it’s so quick and easy to make, in just under 30 minutes. These sazon chicken tenders give the impression of a complex dish without a lot of hassle. It’s so flavorful and different from everyday chicken dishes because of the bold flavored Sazón Seasoning. Sazón is a Spanish seasoning that is not hugely known, but once you taste it you’ll be sold. You’ll want to use it in your cooking over and over. It has a warm and comforting flavor sure to please tired hungry bellies after a long day.
Savory Chicken Tenders
Sazon seasoning makes these sazon chicken tenders amazing with a fresh savory flavor you’ll want to repeat and try on different food. It’s a Spanish seasoning that is heavy on annatto seeds (achiote) and known for it’s brilliant rich color in cooking. In my Sazon seasoning mix I use Turmeric in place of annatto sometimes because it is more readily available, plus the flavor is still just as amazing.
Quick to Table Tenders
These sazon chicken tenders are a quick weeknight dish that takes under 30 minutes to prep and cook. It’s my go-to chicken dish that I know I can make on the fly if I’ve already got my Sazon seasoning pre-made. The ease of making this dish along with the delicious outcome make it a pleasure to make even on a time constrained dinner prep.
Give this easy, delicious and savory dish a try! You might find it becomes a regular chicken dish in your cooking repertoire.
How do you Remove the Tendons from the Tenders?
I’ve made a quick tip video on what I believe to be the best, most efficient and easy way to remove tendons from chicken tenders! Check out my YouTube video on the “Best Way to Remove Tendons from the Chicken tenders” Here.
Sazon Chicken Tenders
- 1-1.25 lb. organic chicken tenders tenden ends trimmed
- 2-3 tsp of Sazon Seasoning enough to evenly disperse on all chicken sides
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- dash of sea salt
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Sprinkle all sides of chicken tenders evenly with sazon seasoning and rub it into the chicken so most of the seasoning stays on the chicken.
- Heat olive oil on preheated skillet at medium to medium high temperature.
- Cook chicken about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside on a dish to keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook about 1 minute, stirring to keep it from burning.
- Add tomato to skillet, dash of salt and cook about 3 minutes or tender and slightly thickened.
- Add green onion and cook another minute.
- Add broth to skillet, stir up skillet mixture and de-glaze your pan, then return the chicken back to the skillet and simmer about 2-3 more minutes till sauce thickened. (Make sure your chicken has reached 165 degrees in center of largest piece)
- Spoon sauce onto chicken and serve.