Fresh, crunchy, green and spectacularly delicious. This is one super easy broccoli salad with cranberry and bacon. It's so good I don't even have to fight my kids to eat it. Ok, well, maybe just one kid, but I'll take 2 eating broccoli at least. This broccoli salad is made with raw broccoli so it's really easy to make in a rush. I just love this side salad for a hot summer day. It goes great with BBQ or just to add to a weekday dinner or lunch. You could even pack it with for your kids' school lunch.
Creamy, Crunchy Summer Side
This summer broccoli salad has the crunch you're looking for in a summer side salad. It's slightly creamy, a little salty and sweet for those long summer days when you want something extra tasty, but don't want a hot side dish on a long hot day. It's great to bring along for a summer party as well!
Broccoli Salad Spin
Broccoli is just delicious with this slightly tangy, creamy and quasi healthy summer broccoli salad with cranberry and bacon. Hey, it's only 100 calories per serving which isn't terrible. Bacon lovers will love you for adding a little salty spin on this normally creamy and sweet dish.
What to Serve with Broccoli Salad with Cranberry & Bacon
Please give this creamy, crunchy summer broccoli salad a try and let me know below what you think!Print
Summer Broccoli Salad with Cranberry & Bacon
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1.5 lb Broccoli florets, washed and trimmed to bite size
- ⅓ cup real mayonaisse
- ⅓ cup real sour cream
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (may substitute with raisins if need be)
- 3-4 slices thick apple-wood smoked bacon, cooked crispy
- ⅓ heaping cup shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese (I usually use Colby only because my kids aren't big fans of cheddar)
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (save for serving)
- Add broccoli and cranberries to a large mixing bowl and combine.
- In a small mixing bowl add mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth like dressing.
- Add your creamy dressing to the broccoli and cranberries and stir till well combined.
- Fold in bacon and shredded cheese
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Once you're ready to serve it, drizzle some olive oil on it to freshen it up and re-moisten it. (I like to do this instead of adding more mayo or sour-cream. It turns out great I think)
This is a great broccoli salad for a party, BBQ or just a weekend side dish. My whole family loves it, including the kids!
Keywords: broccoli, bacon, salad, party side, gluten free
Leave a Reply